Most women in the corporate world can’t live without putting on makeup. This holds especially true for young female professionals who are either trying to get or already working in the corporate world. Indeed, making oneself presentable is very important. Not only should someone consider the choice of outfit during job applications or everyday work, but should also take into account the putting on the right makeup that best fits the office setting. A lot of female employees, however, find the latter challenging. Sometimes, they are at a disadvantage when they apply makeup that just does not fit the workplace. For one, putting on sultry makeup with matching eye-catching dress may grab the attention of others, particularly other male professionals, which easily put them in an uncomfortable situation.
Knowing the kind of makeup to use prevents them from being involved in those instances. More importantly, female employees aren’t only capable of exuding a professional look together with their corporate outfit, but makeup also provides them the chance of getting promoted. In some respects, employees who know how to carry themselves well have better chances of getting promoted as they give an impression of being responsible and sensitive towards people around them. As it is, there are certain things to consider when dealing with makeup in the workplace, and here are some of them:
- The makeup should last within the workday. Ladies cannot afford to make any retouches over the course of a day, especially if they have hectic schedules.
- The makeup should enhance their natural beauty.
- Female professionals always wanted their voices (and their ideas and explanations) heard. So makeup should not be too distracting for others or too attention-grabbing. Female professionals.
- Women should be comfortable enough with their makeup. Experimenting should be done during weekends and not during the workdays. It would only be stressful for them and would likely jeopardize tasks.
- Don’t make the mistake of applying the wrong make-up as it may cause allergic reactions. If you are bound to undergo rosacea treatment or any other skin treatment, make sure only to apply make-up that is safe for your skin condition.
Moreover, here are some of the proper makeup tips for young female professionals as advised by make-up experts:
- The foundation should be a bit darker than the skin, about half a shade. This would be helpful to blend with the office lighting, which is usually fluorescent.
- A perfect blush-on is peach-colored, and it is best suited for most complexions. Ladies with darker skin, however, can go for a blush-on that is saturated.
- An eye shadow color should be as neutral as possible. Avoid something glittery; it does not suit the overall corporate feel that a female professional should display.
- Black remains the preferred eyeliner color of choice, but it won’t be bad for ladies to experiment a little bit with brown and grey colors.
- Ladies can go for bright lipstick any time of the workweek, as long as they should not be distracting. A shade based on the color blue can be used to blend well with the office lighting. Also, those with darker skin can opt for a bright orange lipstick.
The trick to mixing and matching makeup for young female professionals is to not overdo it. The goal to applying makeup is to look presentable as possible and should always fit the corporate setting. By doing so, they are capable of projecting an image that would help them either land jobs, become candidates for promotion, or win over their superiors and co-workers inside the workplace.
In the end, you don’t have to be an expert to realize that wearing appropriate makeup is a necessity in the corporate world. You should know that you are there to work and not to make your officemates or co-workers feel uncomfortable. However, in case you have a skin condition and applying make-up is a bit of hard work, you would want to consult with medical experts like rosacea treatment professionals and dermatologists. They will guide you which types of make-up are safe for you to use.