Many couples often face infertility woes. They become unhappy as they cannot start the family of their dreams. It is important for such couples to come out in the open and meet infertility specialists like Cha Fertility in the USA. The professionals here understand the predicament of such couples and they help them to become the proud parents they wish to.
Most couples fail to understand that in order to become pregnant, the processes of ovulation and fertilization have to work at the perfect time. For some couples, you will find that infertility issues arise from birth. These are congenital reasons. For others, infertility may take place along the way.
The specialists at Cha Fertility Center state that the causes of infertility may involve one or both of the partners. Mostly, in about one-third of the total cases, infertility issues may arise in the male or female. In the other cases, the causes of infertility may involve both the male or the female. In some cases, infertility may be unexplained.
The following are some of the primary causes of female infertility:
- Disorders in ovulation: Here the ovaries of the woman cannot release eggs. This may be due to hormonal disorders like polycystic ovary syndrome- here the ovaries produce too much of the male hormone called testosterone along with hyperprolactinemia when the woman has an overdose of prolactin- this is the hormone that produces breast milk. There can be other causes for ovulation disturbances in the form of over exercise, improper diet , tumors or an injury.
- Abnormalities in the cervix or uterus: There may be issues with the opening of the cervix or the cervical mucus. The shape or the cavity of the uterus in a woman may be abnormal. Uterine fibroids in the form of tumors in the uterine wall may distort the functioning of the Fallopian tubes. This often prevents the implantation of the fertilized egg.
- Damaged or blocked fallopian tube: The fallopian tube may suffer from inflammation caused by an infection or a sexually transmitted disease. There can also be a case of adhesions and endometriosis.
- Endometriosis: This may occur when the endometrial tissue implants grows outside of the uterus. This in turn affects the functioning of the fallopian tubes, ovaries and the uterus.
- Primary Ovarian insufficiency- This is often called early menopause. Here the ovaries stop functioning and the menstruation cycle ends before the age of 40 years. The exact cause of primary ovarian insufficiency is not known but certain conditions like radiation, chemotherapy and smoking often causes this condition.
- Pelvic adhesions:Cha Fertility specialists like Kwang Yul Cha mentions that pelvic adhesions that are bands of scarred tissue used to bind organs after any pelvic infection, appendicitis, pelvic or abdominal surgery may be the cause of female infertility too.
Apart from these, there may be other causes of infertility in the form of cancer, thyroid issues, medications and medical conditions like delayed puberty, diabetes, kidney disease etc. They have the ability to cause infertility in women.