Whether you are a professional swimmer or just a beginner in this sport and thinking about taking up swimming lessons in Katy, a wetsuit is an essential gear which you must own. There are a number of brands available in the market with each having different features and once you start researching about them, you will find a lot of options to choose from. However, before you pay for a wetsuit, there are a few things which you should consider in order to make the purchase a worthwhile one. There are some basic facts about these wetsuits that every swimmer must know to be able to buy the best one available in the market.
- Flexibility: Being a swimmer, you can’t be still inside the pool! And as wetsuits are made specifically for the swimmers and tri-athletes, they have to be flexible enough. The more flexible the suit is, the more easily you will be able to move. Hence, while buying a wetsuit, you should always check for the flexibility of the material used.
- Buoyancy: Wetsuits are made of rubber as this material floats in the water. So, for the beginners, a wetsuit is vital which will help them remain afloat inside the pool. Wetsuits are equally efficient for the professionals as they prevent the swimmers from sinking when they swim at a proper speed. Also, the higher the swimmers float, the easier it will be for them to swim.
- Warmth: It is quite natural that swimming in ice cold water is miserable. And to save the swimmers from getting frozen inside the water, wetsuits are essential! These help in keeping the swimmers’ bodies warm as these are designed in a special way. They let a very small amount of water to slowly seep inside the suit and collect there. In a few minutes, the swimmers’ bodies warm the water present inside the suit and this creates a kind of barrier between the swimmer and the cold pool water.
Once you have finally found the wetsuit of your choice, it’s time for you to take good care of the same. Here are some of the tried and tested ways to keep your wetsuits in good condition:
- After each swim, wash your wetsuit with cold water and remember, it should be washed properly after every single swim no matter how tired you feel!
- After washing the same, let it dry properly by hanging it for one whole day. The next day, hang the same inside out, but never ever put the wetsuit in an automatic dryer.
- Once it’s fully dry, keep it hanging in a cool and dry place. And in case you tear the wetsuit by mistake, get it repaired as early as possible.
So, now you know everything you wanted to know about wetsuits, don’t you? Just choose your wetsuit properly and it will surely help you to perform well inside the pool.