There is a great variety in Indian cuisine, but you will easily find pulses as a part of food in every house. One of the main reasons of popularity of pulses in Indian food is the health benefit offered by them. There is a great variety of pulses available in India like Split Red Lentil, split Bengal gram, split black gram etc. Each of them tastes different and offer different health benefits. There are varieties of pulses available and if you are having problem in purchasing the same from the grocery store you can opt for ordering online. For making cost effective purchases online grab Askme Grocery coupon.
Benefit of purchasing grocery online
At first instance, you are not required to visit the grocery store hence you can save the travelling cost as well as your time. In addition to that, you are also not required to carry the bulk with you; you will get all your grocery at your home and at your specified time. If you want to get discount on your purchases you can make use of Online Grocery coupons. Thus, by purchasing grocery online you are free from all the hassle involved in purchase of grocery.
Know the benefits of pulses
Pulses offer a wide range of health benefits to the consumer. Some of the major health benefits offered by the pulses are listed below –
- Good for your heart health – risk of various cardiovascular diseases can be reduced by including pulses in your daily diet food. Pulses are also rich in fiber content, which helps in reducing cholesterol level. Hence, the pulses are good for your heart.
- Protein source – pulses are quite rich in the protein content and in addition they are also devoid of the protein known as gluten. It is very useful in treating celiac diseases. These diseases may lead to improper digestion. Some of the pulses rich in protein are green grams, dry peas, legumes and soya gram.
- Reduces diabetes risk – pulses have low glycemic index. The food whose glycemic index is low increases the sugar level with a very little amount and on the contrary the food which has high glycemic index raises the sugar level to a great extent. Hence, the pulses also help in maintaining low sugar level and thus reduce risk of diabetes. Beans are considered to be rich in protein.
- Rich in potassium – since the pulses are rich in potassium, they help in lowering your blood pressure to a great extent, due to the fact that it counteracts with sodium solution present in food. Some of the fiber rich pulses are beans, peas, green gram and lentils.
- Offers rich quantity of folate – pulses are also rich in folate, that is vitamin B. It is to be noted that folate is essential for maintaining as well as for producing new cells in the body. It is essential during growth stages such as pregnancy and infancy. Remember that the quantity of folate in different pulses is not the same. Black peas offer a good amount of folate.